Dr. David Miller and Staff at Lake Oconee Oral Surgery & Implant Center Attend Cardiac and Life Support Training
As the Lake Country’s leading provider in dental implants and extractions, delivering the absolute best patient care is always top priority at Lake Oconee Oral Surgery & Implant Center (LOOSIC). Therefore, LOOSIC Oral Surgeon, Dr. David Miller is committed to not only personally staying up to date in patient care innovations and requires and expects the same for his staff.
DAANCE (Dental Anesthesia Assistant National Certification Examination) Certified Surgical Assistants Victoria Dean, Mary Jane Lord, Kate Smith, and Surgical Assistant, KT Barber recently accompanied Oral Surgeon, Dr. David Miller, to complete bi-annual certification for the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) training.
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED). The training reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
The BLS course teaches:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
In addition, Dr. Miller’s team also completed Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS). The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. The training reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
The ACLS course teaches:
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
LOOSIC’s mission is to provide an excellent patient care experience. This happens from the first consultation through post treatment recall. Located at 1031 Founders Row in Greensboro, GA, Lake Oconee Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center welcomes patients seeking exceptional oral healthcare.